Bitonic is looking for a colleague that helps our team with the deployment and maintenance of all our services and improves existing pipelines.
Full-time / Part-time · Amsterdam
Bitonic was the first company that offered (automated) purchasing of Bitcoins via iDEAL. During the years, we have expanded our services with our own Bitcoin-exchange BL3P, a savings-service Bits and an educative and informative platform Bitcoin.nl.
Bitonic's organizational structure is based on the principles of Holacracy consisting of self-managing circles. This system makes a flat organizational structure which values each opinion equally. The work-culture within Bitonic offers a lot of freedom to fulfill your role in the way you think is best and gives the possibility to bring your ideas to the table and work those out.
The IT-infrastructure at Bitonic
Since Bitonic is built on IT, we have developed the firm belief and principles of keeping as much control over our own systems as possible. We are continually building our own platform(s) to run our services and systems on to keep sensitive data completely in our own control. We try to use open-source software wherever possible.
Some examples of our infrastructure parts:
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Ansible)
- Code forge (Gitlab)
- Observability (e.g. Sensu)
- Identity management/Single Sign-on (e.g. FreeIPA)
- Hypervisors and storage clusters (e.g. Ceph)
Devops at Bitonic
You will streamline and automate the deployment of all our services and improve on existing pipelines. You will monitor and react to alerts within the environment and will resolve problems if they arise. Security and monitoring system performance are key tasks of this role.
A characteristic of working at Bitonic is the high degree of freedom you get to fill your role as you think it is best. This enables you to use your talent for projects that energize you!
Your (future) profile
We don’t expect you to have experience in all the aspects as stated below but this is a profile you will be working and developing towards. We expect you to be interested in the following aspects:
- You can find your way around multiple deployment automation technologies and are able to create translations between them.
- You have experience with virtual machines, containerization technologies and deploying multiple services.
- You work with product teams to automate the deployment of their product
- You build scalable and complex systems
What we expect from you
- You have been toying around with computers in your spare time and have grown your passion into a professional skillset
- You thrive in an organization with a lot of freedom and are able to self-manage
- You take satisfaction from improving and tweaking our platforms and services every day
- You like to improve yourself and learn new skills like coding languages and technologies
- You actively come up with ideas and are able to translate these into projects
- You speak and write English like a natural
- You are living in the Netherlands
What we offer you
- Salary between € 3.000 and € 3.600 on fulltime basis based on your experience and knowledge
- A 13th month and study or development possibilities
- 32 holiday days, including national holidays based on fulltime basis
- Travel expenses compensation of € 0,21 per km or NS-businesscard
- Possibility for remote-working and flexible working hours
- A one time budget of € 600 for an ergonomic home work-setup
- Compensation of max € 50 per month for sports subscription
- A homely office in the centre of Amsterdam with daily lunch included
- Monthly Pizza Fridays, (sport) activities and other social events.
The hiring proces
After we have received your application, we will review your profile with the team. The hiring process furthermore consists of a first interview, that is mainly in-depth on the tasks/responsibilities and knowledge. After this, a second interview will be scheduled for the culture fit. Apply
Are you excited to join our team as Devops-engineer? Apply via this link. We are looking to hear from you!
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.