Bitonic is looking for an experienced fullstack developer to join our team in developing, maintaining, and enhancing our website bitonic.nl. We are looking for a colleague who enjoys working in a scale-up environment with a lot of freedom and an unconventional approach.
Fulltime / parttime
In April 2012 Bitonic was the first in the Netherlands to start offering (automated) Bitcoins via iDEAL. After that we expanded our services with our Bitcoin exchange BL3P, a Bitcoin savings service (Bits), an informative platform: bitcoin.nl and the Bitonic Academy.
Bitonic's mission statement is: Bitcoin for everyone. As such, our team is passionate about providing an accessible and convenient service for buying and selling Bitcoins.
Bitonic's organizational structure is based on the principles of Holacracy consisting of self-managing circles. This system makes a flat organizational structure which values each opinion equally. The work-culture within Bitonic offers a lot of freedom to fulfill your role in the way you think is best and gives the possibility to bring your ideas to the table and work those out.
Fullstack developer at Bitonic
In this role, you will be responsible for the (further) development of our flagship product, bitonic.nl. Through the website, customers can buy and sell bitcoins and access their own digital environment. You will spend most of your time working on high-priority project development, as well as tackling smaller features and bug fixes. Currently, we are in the process of developing an MVP for a new service, which will be your main focus.
Our main product has been in existence for 10 years and contains legacy code that has evolved over time. For this position, we are not seeking a developer to completely rebase the entire website, but rather someone who will build upon the current codebase.
- You write clear, structured code that requires little to no explanation and are able to document it clearly
- In addition to writing new code, you are capable of transforming old code to meet current standards
- Continuous integration and unit testing are not unfamiliar terms to you
- You are flexible, curious, and can thrive in an environment with a lot of autonomy
- You get excited about building innovative and improving systems
What do we expect from you?
- You have completed a university or university of applied sciences degree in an IT-related field and have 2-3 years of proven work experience in software development
- Experience with Atomic design is a plus
- Experience with PHP (Laravel) is a must
- You are not afraid of dealing with legacy code and see it as a challenge
- You have a keen eye for UI/UX
- You live in the Netherlands and are able to come to our office in Amsterdam regularly
- We operate in a sophisticated production environment utilizing Docker and Git(lab). Experience with these platforms is a plus
- The salary depends on your working experience and expertise. We will discuss this during the interview process
- A thirteenth month and 8% vacation allowance
- 32 vacation days on a full-time basis, including public holidays: you can choose whether you work on public holidays or not
- Travel allowance of € 0,21 cents per km or NS business card
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- We provide you with a laptop with Linux/MacOS and other necessities
- Activities such as game nights and monthly get-togethers
- Contribution on sports subscription of up to € 50 per month
- Budget for setting up an ergonomic (home) workplace
- Bitonic has no pension plan
- Daily lunch with local (organic) products
- We are proud of our organization and like to promote it. So we have plenty of merchandise waiting for you!
The hiring process
The process includes an initial interview, focussing on your knowledge, tasks, and responsibilities. The second interview will assess cultural fit. Apply via Homerun. We look forward to hearing from you!
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.