Risk & Compliance officer
Bitonic is looking for a reliable and experienced Risk and Compliance officer to support our teams and management.
Fulltime - Amsterdam
In April 2012 Bitonic was the first in the Netherlands to start offering (automated) Bitcoins via iDEAL. After that we expanded our services with our Bitcoin exchange BL3P, a Bitcoin savings service (Bits), an informative platform: bitcoin.nl and the Bitonic Academy.
Bitonic's mission statement is: Bitcoin for everyone. As such, our team is passionate about providing an accessible and convenient service for buying and selling Bitcoins.
Bitonic's organizational structure is based on the principles of Holacracy consisting of self-managing circles. This system makes a flat organizational structure which values each opinion equally. The work-culture within Bitonic offers a lot of freedom to fulfill your role in the way you think is best and gives the possibility to bring your ideas to the table and work those out.
Risk & Compliance officer at Bitonic
The role of the Risk & Compliance officer is a dual role in which you manage and monitor (future) risks while ensuring that the organization complies with applicable laws and regulations.
As a Risk & Compliance officer, you have the crucial role of continuously identifying, evaluating, and managing relevant risks effectively, aligning them with Bitonic's risk appetite. The focus is on risks related to money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, and sanctions, with an increasing emphasis on IT-security as well.
As a Risk & Compliance Officer, you ensure that Bitonic complies with all current and future applicable laws and regulations. You do this by developing and implementing relevant policies, procedures, and measures within the organization. You also monitor whether staff adheres to these policies.
In this dual role, you inform and advise Bitonic's management about compliance risks and collaborate closely with departments to mitigate these risks.
This is a second-line function in the 'three lines of defense' model, where you advise and support the first line in (internal) processes to streamline compliance risks.
The tasks of this position
In the field of compliance-management: - Maintaining, improving, and implementing compliance policies and procedures to ensure they comply with applicable laws and regulations - Advising on compliance issues during the development of new products, services and procedures (both on request and as own-initiative) - Evaluating and checking the compliance of company policies and procedures with external regulations and internal company guidelines - Monitoring and evaluating the compliance of operational business processes - Performing the designated roles in the Whistleblowing Procedure of Bitonic - Monitoring of the impact of future legislation and relevant regulations - You ensure that first-line employees are familiar with the correct guidelines, procedures, and regulations - Maintaining contact with the relevant supervisory entities - Regular and ad-hoc reporting to the Management Team of Bitonic concerning the compliance risks - Evaluating the effectiveness of the compliance programme and policies - Maintain contacts with external regulators, auditors, and other relevant stakeholders such as the FIU, ensuring the follow-up of formal information requests and other actions stemming from these interactions
In the field of risk-management:
- Maintaining the Risk Management Policy
- Identifying, analyzing and mitigating risks
- Reporting of internal and external risks to the board of Bitonic
- Acting as Incident Handler under the Incident Management Procedure
- Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of risk-related policies
- Maintaining contacts with external stakeholders, such as banks, payment service providers, and the Association of Bitcoin Companies Netherlands (VBNL)
- Promoting risk awareness for employees.
What do we expect from you?
- You have completed a university education (WO)
- You live in the Netherlands
- You have a minimum of 5 years of proven work experience in the Risk & Compliance domain, preferably in fintech
- You have excellent knowledge of relevant regulations (WWFT/MICA/DORA) and stay updated on the latest developments
- You have good proficiency in the English language, both spoken and written. Spanish is a plus
- You are familiar with the three lines of defense model
- We are a Bitcoin company, so knowledge of Bitcoin/Crypto is a plus
- The salary depends on your working experience and expertise. This will be discussed during the interviewprocess
- A thirteenth month and 8% vacation allowance
- 32 vacation days on a full-time basis, including public holidays: you can choose whether you work on public holidays or not
- Travel allowance of € 0,21 cents per km or NS business card
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- We provide you with a MacBook and other necessities
- Activities such as game nights and monthly get-togethers
- Contribution on sports subscription of up to € 50 per month
- Budget for setting up an ergonomic (home) workplace
- Bitonic has no pension plan
- Daily lunch with local (organic) products
- We are proud of our organization and like to promote it. So we have plenty of merchandise waiting for you!
Do you feel this profile fits you perfectly? We are looking forward to receive your application and get in contact with you. Apply at this link.
Upon receiving your application, we will evaluate your profile with the team. The process includes an initial interview with a member of the management team and a colleague from the second line of defense. This interview will focus on your knowledge, tasks, and responsibilities. The second interview will assess cultural fit. An assesment can be part of the procedure.