Bitonic is looking for a colleague that helps us improve, maintain and automate our IT-infrastructure and (internal) systems.
Full-time / Part-time · Amsterdam
Bitonic was the first company that offered (automated) purchasing of Bitcoins via iDEAL. During the years, we have expanded our services with our own Bitcoin-exchange BL3P, a savings-service Bits and an educative and informative platform Bitcoin.nl. As a Bitcoin-only company, we value the privacy of our customers, so we keep as much data internal as possible. For example, we have developed an internal authentication system so that we do not have to host customer data in the public cloud.
Bitonic's organizational structure is based on the principles of Holacracy consisting of self-managing circles. This system makes a flat organizational structure which values each opinion equally. The work-culture within Bitonic offers a lot of freedom to fulfill your role in the way you think is best and gives the possibility to bring your ideas to the table and work those out.
The IT-infrastructure at Bitonic
Since Bitonic is built on IT, we have developed the firm belief and principles of keeping as much control over our own IT as possible. We are continually building our own platform(s) to run our services and systems on to keep sensitive data completely in our own control. We try to use open-source software wherever possible.
Some examples of technologies that we use:
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Ansible)
- Code forge (Gitlab)
- Observability (e.g. Sensu)
- Identity management/Single Sign-on (e.g. FreeIPA)
- Hypervisors and storage clusters (e.g. Ceph)
Sysops at Bitonic
You will build scalable and complex systems and maintain our infrastructure. Aside from building services you are also involved in choices regarding the development of our private cloud in both hardware and network upgrades to better fit the needs of the company.
You will monitor and react to alerts within the environment and will resolve problems if they arise. Security and monitoring system performance are key tasks of this role.
What we expect from you
- You have been toying around with computers in your spare time and have grown your passion into a professional skillset
- You know your way in CLI on Linux and can find your way in configuration files, documentation and code written in a variety of languages
- You have experience with storage solutions and hypervisors across geographical distance
- You have experience with Sysops (preferably with private cloud)
- You like the challenge of building scalable and complex systems.
- You thrive in an organization with a lot of freedom and are able to self-manage.
- You take satisfaction from improving and tweaking our platform and services every day
- You are living in the Netherlands
- You have a driver's license
What we offer you
- A salary based on your experience and knowledge. The minimum salary for this function is € 3.500 on fulltime basis
- on fulltime basis based on your experience and knowledge
- A 13th month and study or development possibilities
- 32 holiday days, including national holidays based on fulltime basis
- Travel expenses compensation of € 0,21 per km or NS-businesscard
- Possibility for remote-working and flexible working hours
- A one time budget of € 600 for an ergonomic home work-setup
- Compensation of max € 50 per month for sports subscription
- A homely office in the centre of Amsterdam with daily lunch included
- Monthly Pizza Fridays, (sport) activities and other social events.
The hiring proces
After we have received your application, we will review your profile with the team. The hiring process furthermore consists of a first interview, that is mainly in-depth on the tasks/responsibilities and knowledge. After this, a second interview will be scheduled for the culture fit. Apply
Are you excited to learn more about this position? Apply via this link and we will get in touch with you shortly!
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.