Bitonic started in April 2012 as the first Dutch company offering (automated) buying of Bitcoin via Ideal. Later we expanded our services with several projects, among which is our own bitcoin exchange BL3P.
We always have many more crazy and great ideas. That's why we´re looking for all-round developers / devops engineers who share our passion for bitcoin.
Back-end developer at Bitonic
You have been toying around with computers since a young age and have grown your passion into a professional skill set. Your focus is on backend/devops. You consider building scalable, complex systems a worthy challenge. Continuous integration and unit testing are not unfamiliar terms to you. You are able to write clear, structured code that (nearly) does not require any further explanation. In addition to building new systems, you are prepared to transform old code to meet today's requirements.
You are flexible by nature, curious and you thrive in an environment where you have a lot of freedom. You take satisfaction from building innovative and ever-improving systems.
What we expect from you:
- Experience with Golang (GORM, proto, Docker, etc.)
- Some properly functioning grey matter (“analytical thinking”)
- You are able to work independently and self-manage.
- An interest in other programming languages (Node.js, React, PHP)
We work in an advanced professionalized production environment using Docker, Saltstack and Git(lab). Some experience and affinity with these platforms is a bonus. Finally, we should mention we try to use open source software wherever we can. Naturally, experience using Linux is desirable.
What you can expect from us:
Many properties that apply to Bitcoin and blockchain also apply to Bitonic. Think: high-tech, innovative, disruptive, transparent, experimental, decentralized and reliable.
We are a real tech company that enjoy working hard, but definitely also enjoy some hard needed relaxation. We are an intelligent, creative and playful team. Our office is located in Amsterdam, at only a 5 minute walk from metro station Weesperplein.
Perks you can expect:
- A good salary, a thirteenth month, possibilities for study and development and 32 vacation days (based on a 40-hour workweek).
- Freedom and flexibility (think flexible working hours and working remotely from home or another location)
- While we are all mostly working from home it's important to have a proper and ergonomically sound workspace. We offer a budget of €600 for you to make this possible in your own situation.
- Your own responsibility and to be a part of the decision-making process (Holacracy)
- Sport/fitness outings with the team, and compensation for a sports subscription based on what you use and need.
- A technically challenging in a homely atmosphere in the center of Amsterdam with lunch at the office every day and every month a Pizza Friday meeting (free pizza!)
- We intend to organize a beautiful company work-trip every year (unfortunately because of the circumstances we've had to skip last year).
- We organize a BBQ every year for all colleagues including partners, and other friends of Bitonic
- We offer full compensation of travel expenses
- On your first day there'll be some items from our current merchandise collection waiting for you :).
Do you see yourself as part of our team?
Send us your motivation, some example code from one or multiple projects and your CV via homerun. We look forward to hearing from you!
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.