Mobile Developer (Android & iOS)
Bitonic started in April 2012 as the first Dutch company offering (automated) buying of Bitcoin via Ideal. Later on we expanded our services with several projects among which is our own bitcoin exchange BL3P.
We are an intelligent, creative and playful team. We consider everyone's opinion and everyone gets to be part of the decision making process.
Our office is located in Amsterdam, within 15 minutes from Amsterdam Centraal station (CS).
Mobile developer at Bitonic
We currently have apps built in Android and iOS for bitonic.nl and BL3P and we want to expand their functionalities and services. We're looking for a developer who wants a challenge and can help us make them awesome to use.
- You have been toying around with computers since a young age and have grown your passion into a professional skill set.
- Your focus is on app development but you're not afraid of exploring other things.
- Continuous integration and unit testing are not unfamiliar terms to you.
- You are able to write clear, structured code that (nearly) does not require any further explanation.
- In addition to building new things, you are prepared to transform old code to meet today's requirements.
- You are flexible by nature, curious and you thrive in an environment where you have a lot of freedom.
- You take satisfaction from building innovative and ever-improving systems.
What we expect from you
- You have experience architecting and building apps using native Android/iOS, Flutter or React Native
- Experience building secure apps
- We work in an advanced professionalized production environment using Docker, Saltstack, Ansible and Git(lab). Some experienc affinity with these platforms is a bonus. We try to use open source software wherever we can.
- Experience using Linux/Mac is desirable
- A good eye for UI/UX
- Some properly functioning grey matter (“analytical thinking”)
- You are able to work independently and self-manage
- To be involved in the decision making process and to care about your projects
- An interest in other programming languages
What can you expect from us
- A good salary, a thirteenth month, possibilities for study and development and 32 vacation days (based on a 40-hour workweek)
- Freedom and flexibility (think flexible working hours and working remotely from home or another location)
- A budget of € 600 for an ergonomically sound home workspace
- Compensation for a sports subscription
- A homely atmosphere in the center of Amsterdam with lunch at the office every day and social events regularly
- Different social activities: yearly company trip, yearly barbecue, boxing lessons and Pizza Fridays
- Full compensation of travel expenses
- Cool merchandise :)
Do you see yourself as part of our team?
Send us your motivation, some example code from one or multiple projects and your CV via homerun. We look forward to hearing from you!
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.