Bitonic is looking for a new colleague to join our team in maintaining, optimizing and renewing our IT-infrastructure. We offer you the opportunity to grow in this position and to develop yourself by learning new techniques.
Full-time / Part-time · Amsterdam
Bitonic was the first company that offered (automated) purchasing of Bitcoins via iDEAL. During the years, we have expanded our services with our own Bitcoin-exchange BL3P, a savings-service Bits and an educative and informative platform Bitcoin.nl. As a Bitcoin-only company, we value the privacy of our customers, so we keep as much data internal as possible. For example, we have developed an internal authentication system so that we do not have to host customer data in the public cloud.
Bitonic's organizational structure is based on the principles of Holacracy consisting of self-managing circles. This system makes a flat organizational structure which values each opinion equally. The work-culture within Bitonic offers a lot of freedom to fulfill your role in the way you think is best and gives the possibility to bring your ideas to the table and work those out.
The IT-infrastructure at Bitonic
Since Bitonic is built on IT, we have developed the firm belief and principles of keeping as much control over our own IT as possible. We are continually building our own platform(s) to run our services and systems on to keep sensitive data completely in our own control. We try to use open-source software wherever possible.
Some examples of technologies that we use:
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Ansible)
- Code forge (Gitlab)
- Observability (e.g. Sensu)
- Identity management/Single Sign-on (e.g. FreeIPA)
- Hypervisors and storage clusters (e.g. Ceph)
Sysops at Bitonic
As member of the Sysops circle, you will work with the team to build our internal systems and infrastructure. You will also be involved in developing our private cloud both in hardware- and network upgrades. You monitor and respond to alerts within the environment and solve problems as they arise. Furthermore you ensure automation and streamlined deployment of our services and platforms and upgrade existing pipelines. Finally, security and monitoring system performance are core tasks of this role.
What we expect from you
We don't expect you to have experience with all aspects of this role but this is the profile you will grow into:
- You have been toying around with computers in your spare time and have grown your passion into a professional skillset
- You know your way in CLI on Linux and can find your way in configuration files, documentation and code written in a variety of languages
- You have experience with multisite storage solutions and hypervisors
- You have experience with virtual machines, containerization and deployment of services
- You like the challenge of building scalable and complex systems
- You thrive in an organization with a lot of freedom and are able to self-manage
- You have proper English skills, both spoken and written
- You are living in the Netherlands
- You are in possession of a driving license
What we offer you
- The salary is dependent on your knowledge and experience and will be discussed during the hiring process
- A 13th month, 8% vacation allowance, and study or development possibilities
- 32 holiday days, including national holidays, based on fulltime basis
- Travel expenses compensation of € 0,21 per km or NS-businesscard
- Possibility for remote-working and flexible working hours
- A budget for an ergonomic home work-setup
- Compensation of max € 50 per month for sports subscription
- A homely office in the centre of Amsterdam with daily lunch included
- Monthly Pizza Fridays, (sport) activities and other social events.
The hiring proces
After we have received your application, we will review your profile with the team. The hiring process furthermore consists of a first interview, that is mainly in-depth on the tasks/responsibilities and knowledge. After this, a second interview will be scheduled for the culture fit.
Are you excited to learn more about this position? Apply via this link and we will get in touch with you shortly!
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.