Bitonic is looking for a pragmatic Rust developer to join our team. We are looking for a colleague who enjoys working in a scale-up environment with a lot of freedom and an unconventional approach.
Fulltime / parttime - Amsterdam
In April 2012 Bitonic was the first in the Netherlands to start offering (automated) Bitcoins via iDEAL. After that we expanded our services with our Bitcoin exchange BL3P, a Bitcoin savings service (Bits), an informative platform: bitcoin.nl and the Bitonic Academy.
Bitonic's mission statement is: Bitcoin for everyone. As such, our team is passionate about providing an accessible and convenient service for buying and selling Bitcoins.
Bitonic's organizational structure is based on the principles of Holacracy consisting of self-managing circles. This system makes a flat organizational structure which values each opinion equally. The work-culture within Bitonic offers a lot of freedom to fulfill your role in the way you think is best and gives the possibility to bring your ideas to the table and work those out.
Rust Developer at Bitonic
Within Bitonic, both core projects and internal tools are written in Rust, allowing for a wide range of projects. Some examples of projects in Rust:
- Our Bitcoin wallet/accounting system (including Lightning support)
- Blockchain analytics tooling
- Transaction monitoring tooling
- Inventory management system
You will work primarily on the projects with highest priority that are key to improving our service and achieving our organizational goals. In addition, there is room to work on other projects in consultation.
What do we expect from you?
- You have several years of experience in software development in a professional environment, preferably with financial/trading systems
- You have experience with software development in Rust
- Experience with C/C++ or similar programming languages is a plus
- Completed education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related education
- You have affinity with Bitcoin and blockchain technology
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Git(lab) for CI/CD pipelines
- You write code that is structured, efficient and testable
- You stay up to date with the latest developments, tools and techniques for Rust development
- You are pro-active, independent and thrive in a work environment with freedom and are able to self-manage
- You are living in the Netherlands. If you don’t speak Dutch, proper English skills are required.
- The salary depends on your work experience and expertise. We use a minimum salary of €3,300 for this position based on full-time employment
- A thirteenth month
- 32 vacation days on a full-time basis, including public holidays: you can choose whether you work on public holidays or not
- Travel allowance of € 0.21 per km or NS business card
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- We provide you with a laptop with Linux/MacOS and other necessities
- Activities such as game nights and monthly get-togethers
- Contribution on sports subscription of up to € 50 per month
- One-time budget for setting up an ergonomic (home) workplace
- Bitonic has no pension plan
- Daily lunch at the office
- We are proud of our organization and like to promote it. So we have plenty of merchandise waiting for you!
Do you feel this profile fits you perfectly? We are looking forward to receive your application and get in contact with you.
You can apply via this link
The hiring process consists of two talks: a talk with two circle members about the position and a culture-fit talk with two other Bitonic colleagues.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated